To post employment opportunities for your fire department or organization, the fee is $95. In order to keep listings current, your job posting is active for up to 90 days or until your application deadline. You can pay with PayPal or your credit card. To send job posting information, please email Ed Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (972) 814-6766.
Firefighter/Paramedic – Denton, TX
Registration Deadline: January 5, 2018
Salary: $5,054.57/monthly or $60,654.88/annually
The Denton Fire Department has opened registration for the next civil service test for firefighter/paramedic. Starting pay is $60,654.88/annually plus incentive pay for certifications and education.
Training and Experience
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED
- Must comply with all applicable state civil service requirements and regulations
- Must hold a basic structural fire protection personnel certification from the Texas Commission on Fire Protection (TCFP) and an EMT-P Paramedic certification from the Texas Department of State Health Services (TDSHS) on the date that the conditional letter of employment is issued.
Entry Level Firefighter – Topeka, KS
The Topeka (KS) Fire Department will hire several firefighters in May 2018. Registration is now being accepted for the upcoming entry-level firefighter examination to be held October 28 and November 15, 2017.
Full list of requirements and test registration portal available at www.topeka.org/firefighter-exam.
Test registration deadline:
- October 25, 2017 for October 28 test
- November 10, 2017 for November 15 test
The City of Topeka is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Fire Chief – City of Chico, CA
Application deadline: October 27, 2017
The City of Chico offers a competitive compensation and benefits program. The previous Chief earned a base salary
of $150,000, however the salary is negotiable DOQ. The excellent benefits program includes:
- Retirement: CalPERS – Classic members participate with a 3% @ 50 formula and new members with a 2.7%
@ 57 formula. It’s anticipated that employee will pay 3% of employee share of retirement.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance: The City offers four different medical plans and contributes a significant
portion to the premium of the selected option. There is one dental option and the City pays 75% of the premium. City provides the cost for vision insurance for the employee only, and dependent coverage can be purchased by the employee for a nominal amount.
- Vacation: Is accrued at the rate of 3.08 hours on a bi-weekly basis.
- Management Leave: 96 hours annually.
- Holidays: 11 holidays and one floating holiday annually.
- Sick Leave: Accrual at the rate of 8 hours per month.
- Life and Long Term Disability Insurance.
To apply for this unique and exceptional career opportunity, please visit the Avery Associates Career Portal on our
website at www.averyassoc.net/current-searches/ to upload your letter of interest, resume, salary history and contact
information, including email addresses for five work-related references (who will not be contacted until after an
interview takes place.)
Avery Associates will be conducting the outreach and final filing portions of this recruitment. Thereafter, the City of Chico will coordinate and conduct the final interview process directly. If you have any questions regarding this position, please feel free to contact Paul Kimura at 408-399-4424 or email@example.com or Bill Lopez at 408 888-4099 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Director – Maryland Fire and Rescue Institute
Best consideration date: October 6, 2017
The University of Maryland (UMD) invites applications and nominations of well-qualified candidates nationwide for the position of Director, Maryland Fire and Rescue Institute.
The Maryland Fire and Rescue Institute (MFRI) is the State’s comprehensive training and education system for emergency services. The Institute plans, researches, develops and delivers quality programs to enhance the ability of emergency services providers to protect life, the environment, and property. MFRI provides state-of-the-art fire, rescue, and emergency medical training programs.
In support of this mission, the MFRI Director will lead and implement a strategic plan to deliver a statewide system of training and education for emergency responders. The Director reports directly to the UMD President.
APPLICATIONS, NOMINATIONS, INQUIRIES, AND CONFIDENTIALITY
Interested individuals should submit an online application consisting of a letter of interest, resume, and names and contact information for three references to this secure website: https://ejobs.umd.edu/postings/54688.
The best consideration date for this position is October 6, 2017. Applications will continue to be received and reviewed until an appointment is made. The search committee is chaired by Dr. James Milke, Professor and Chair, Department of Fire Protection Engineering. Nominations or inquires may be directed to Kanitta (Ann) Tonggarwee, Assistant to the President, at email@example.com or by telephone at 301-405-5803.
Firefighter – Fitchburg, WI
Hiring Salary: $55,062 with excellent benefit package
Application Deadline: Sunday, October 15, 2017 at 11:59pm
The City of Fitchburg is now accepting applications for the position of full-time firefighter. This is a rare opportunity to join a highly respected department that emphasizes quality, innovation, trust, integrity, and customer service in everything it does. The successful candidate will possess a high school diploma or equivalent, a valid driver’s license, and be a state of Wisconsin certified firefighter I. An associate’s degree in a fire service related field and two years of previous firefighter experience are desired.
This position offers a hiring salary of $55,062 and an excellent benefit package. To learn more about this position, and to apply online, visit our website at: www.fitchburgwi.gov/187/Job-Openings. Application deadline is 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, October 15, 2017. Equal Opportunity Employer
Electrical Engineer – FEMA in Denton, TX
Salary: $64,161 (IC-11) or $76,903 (IC-12)
FEMA is seeking a talented and experienced Electrical Engineer. In this role, you will serve as a Public Assistance Grant Program Electrical Engineer and will be responsible for providing electrical engineering advice and operational assistance in support of the Region 6 Public Assistance Program. The position is located in Denton, Texas and starts at a salary of $64,161 (IC-11) or $76,903 (IC-12).
Typical assignments include:
- Responds to inquiries regarding complex technical responses and electrical engineering issues related to the Public Assistance Grant Program.
- Resolves technical conflicts, which may arise between local and state agencies, groups, engineering firms and applicants.
- Provides recommendations for eligibility of assistance to the Public Assistance Branch Chief or Team Leads.
- Determines requirements and prepares scopes of work and cost estimates.
- Reviews selected project application, supporting documentation, and federal agency reports for accuracy and compliance with applicable FEMA policies and procedures.
Apply today by sending your resume AND transcript to FEMA-Careers@fema.dhs.gov, include “Electrical Engineer” in the subject line.