To post employment opportunities for your fire department or organization, the fee is $95. In order to keep listings current, your job posting is active for up to 90 days or until your application deadline. You can pay with PayPal or your credit card. To send job posting information, please email Ed Davis at email@example.com or call (972) 814-6766.
Multi-City Firefighter – Chandler, Scottsdale & Tempe, AZ
Open Registration Multi-City Firefighter Recruitment: begins May 8, 2017 at 8am
The cities of Chandler, Scottsdale and Tempe will be holding an Open Registration for interested candidates to test for the position of Firefighter. The registration process will open May 8, 2017, beginning at 8am. Please visit www.chandleraz.gov/fire, to review the test registration process and eligibility requirements.
Please note that the registration and written test completion process is intended to establish a Firefighter eligibility list for the three participating cities.
Please note that additional selection procedures and salary ranges will vary by city.
Fire Chief – City of Montebello, CA
Annual Salary Range: $126,756-$169,008
Application Deadline: April 28, 2017
The City of Montebello, with a population of just over 63,000, is a balance of quiet residential neighborhoods and industrial commercial centers. The City is seeking a strong leader with vision and creativity to serve as the new Fire Chief. The incoming Chief will be looked upon to motivate, encourage, and establish a strong working environment with staff, other organizations, and agencies. The new Chief will be expected to use an inclusive management style while preserving the chain of command system. A candidate who is both sensitive to the Department’s existing culture and open to new approaches would be highly valued.
Any combination of training and experience which would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in fire science or a closely related field and/or seven (7) years of progressively responsible and varied professional experience in the provision of fire and other emergency services, including five years of experience in a supervisory, management, or administrative position.
The annual salary range for the Fire Chief is $126,756-$169,008; placement within this range is dependent upon qualifications. If you are interested in this outstanding opportunity, please visit our website at www.bobmurrayassoc.com to apply online. Please contact Mr. Fred Freeman at (916) 784-9080 should you have any questions.
Fire Chief – City of Paso Robles, CA
Application Deadline: May 12, 2017
The City of Paso Robles offers an attractive compensation and benefits package. The salary for this position is up to $171,569 annually, DOQ. The excellent benefits package includes the following:
- Current Members: PERS 3% @ 55, highest three years, employee pays 9% member contribution. City participates in Social Security.
- New Members: PERS 2.7% at 57 with employee paying ½ of the normal cost as required by State law, highest three years. City participates in Social Security.
- Health insurance provided through CalPERS including dental and vision. Medical: City pays $600/month of employee premium, $1,150/month of premium for employee with one dependent, and $1,500/month of premium for employee with two or more dependents. Vision: City pays full premium for employee & family. Dental: City pays full premium for employee and partial premium for family.
- Vacation Accrual: 10 to 25 days annually based on years of service.
- Holidays: 12 paid per year.
- Sick Leave Accrual: 12 days per year.
- Administrative Leave: 56 hours a year to either use or cash out annually.
- Deferred Compensation: The City contributes $4200 per year and will match up to an additional $2500 – dollar for dollar.
- Life Insurance: $200,000 City paid.
- LTD and Employee Assistance Program (EAP): City paid.
If you are interested in pursuing this unique and exceptional career opportunity, please visit the Avery Associates Career Portal to upload your letter of interest, resume, salary history and contact information, including email addresses for five work-related references (who will not be contacted until after an interview takes place).
Lateral Firefighter/Paramedic & Entry Level Firefighter/Paramedic – Salem, OR
The Salem Fire Department is seeking self-motivated, professional Firefighter/Paramedics to become a part of our organization.Teamwork, respect, honesty, open communication, integrity… if these values resonate with you, consider joining our dedicated staff serving the City of Salem and its citizens.
- Excellent Salary & Benefits Package
- Career Development & Advancement
- Special Operations Teams (TRT, HAZMAT, ARFF, Water Rescue, SWAT Medic)
EEO/Women, veterans and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Firefighter – Hamilton, OH
Salary: $47,524 – $61,402 Annual
Class Code: 410
Probationary: One Year
Application Deadline: Thursday, 4/20/17 at 5:00pm
To establish an eligibility list for the FIREFIGHTER classification, an open, competitive Civil Service exam will be conducted at 9:30 AM on Saturday, April 29, 2017. QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL BE NOTIFIED OF THE TEST LOCATION VIA THE EXAM ADMITTANCE LETTER, WHICH WILL BE ISSUED ONLY TO APPLICANTS WHO HAVE PROVIDED PROOF OF ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION.
REQUIREMENTS FOR PARTICIPATION IN THE WRITTEN EXAM – PROOF REQUIRED
- Minimum of 18 at time of examination and not yet 41 years of age at time of appointment
- High school diploma or Ohio certif. of high school diploma equivalency (GED) OR college degree (Assoc. or higher)
- Possession of Ohio Level II Firefighter Certification at time of application
- Consistent with the NFPA: Far visual acuity less than 20/40 binocular corrected with contact lenses or spectacles or far visual acuity less than 20/100 binocular for wearers of hard contacts or spectacles uncorrected. Applicants who wear glasses or contacts MUST promptly submit a current, valid visual acuity statement from an optometrist or eye physician. An acuity form will be provided by the Civil Service Office. Successful long-term soft-contact lens wearers (that is, 6 months without a problem) are not subject to the uncorrected standard.
- Possession of Ohio Emergency Medical Technician-Paramedic Certification at time of hire
- Valid Ohio driver’s license prior to appointment.
- Capable of successfully completing an extensive medical examination appropriate to essential class functions.
- A vision screening will be part of the medical examination and will include a color vision test and other relevant visual screenings.
- Capable of successfully completing a thorough character investigation/verification and credit check
The City of Hamilton is an EEO & AAE. Minorities and women are encouraged to apply.
Fire Chief – Spokane, WA
Salary Range: $145,846 to $179,192 depending on experience & qualifications
Application Deadline: March 31, 2017
The City seeks a forward thinking Fire Chief that will lead the department into an era of innovation and change. With the calls for service increasing, it will be imperative for the Fire Chief to support alternative response options for lower-priority calls. Other areas of innovation include the implementation of a Nurse line at the Combined Communications Center to handle certain call types placed to 9-1-1 and eliminate the response by field personnel. Continuing to expand and further integrate the CARES Team will help to decrease 9-1-1 over-users or abusers, decrease on-scene time for engine companies for social service calls, and provide an expanded scope of care, and a higher level of service to customers of the Spokane Fire Department. The Fire Chief will be tasked with leading a relatively young department, it is estimated that as of July 2017, 40% of the uniformed personnel will have five or less years’ experience on the job. That percentage is expected to increase with a large number of retirements over the next two-three years. The ideal candidate will be a dynamic, present and engaged leader with proven fire and EMS services administrative experience in a medium to large-sized urban setting. Competitive candidates will have enjoyed strong internal and external relationships throughout their careers, and have demonstrated a proactive approach to creating mutually beneficial partnerships in the community, fire profession and with labor unions. A long-term strategic goal for improving service will be imperative. The future Chief will bring innovation, contemporary, and fresh ideas to the department and be experienced in assessing fire and EMS service models and be well-informed of current trends. A strong, transparent and inclusive leadership style that fosters a culture of respect and consistent accountability will serve the successful candidate well. The preferred successful candidate will have managed in a highly resourceful manner during challenging fiscal times and be known for his/her attentiveness to responsiveness, efficiency and effectiveness. Impressive candidates will also exhibit the following competencies and characteristics:
- Exceptional ability to manage and implement change
- Courageous and thoughtful but willing to make the difficult decision
- Analytical, and comfortable using data to inform decisions
- Experienced in labor relations and negotiating collective bargaining agreements and interpretation of labor contracts
- Effective mentor and coach, with a proven ability to hold teams accountable
- Exhibits a high level of professionalism and flawless integrity
- Proven record of collaboration with internal and external customers to achieve outcomes directly and indirectly related to Fire and EMS services
- Experienced public relations and media communicator
- Participative, visible and involved with the workforce
- Ability to build trust and cultivate strong relationships with employees, union leadership, elected officials and the community
- Promotes a culture that values safety first and foremost
- Committed to and experience with a multi-cultural workforce
- Commitment to recruiting and building a diverse workforce, focusing on the inclusion of females and minorities
- Ability to create a culture of mutual respect
- Emotionally intelligent listener
- A committed team player who values their role as part of the city management team
- Well-networked and resourceful
- Exhibits a high level of professionalism and flawless integrity
- Politically astute yet apolitical